The next board election will be November 2022. Details will be published as they are available.
- First day to file for place on the ballot: Monday, July 25, 2022
- Notice of drawing for place on ballot: August 19, 2022
- Last day to file for place on the ballot: Monday, August 22, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
- Last day to register to vote: Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- Early voting begins: Monday, October 24, 2022
- Last day of early voting in person: Friday, November 4, 2022
- Election date: November 8, 2022
- The candidate filing period to file an application for a place on the ballot is: Monday, July 25, 2022 to Monday, August 22, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
- July 25, 2022 through August 2, 2022: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- August 3, 2022 through August 22, 2022: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Matagorda ISD welcomes candidates and the Superintendent’s Office is here to help. To maintain a fair process for all, please know that it is the duty of the candidate to become familiar with the applicable laws regarding campaigns for office. The duty of Matagorda ISD is limited to accepting and filing reports and noting the date received thereon. Matagorda ISD should not be expected to advise or comment upon the timeliness or sufficiency of reports filed.
For answers to your questions on financial reports, you can contact the Texas Ethics Commission at 1-800-325-8506. You can find information regarding elections on the Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.state.tx.us and information regarding ethics can be found on the Texas Ethics Commission’s website at www.ethics.state.tx.us. You can find helpful information at www.tasb.org under the board service tab.
ELIGIBILITY / QUALIFICATIONS